Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rare Disease Day 2013!

HAPPY RARE DISEASE DAY Y'ALL!

Yup, it's one of Crippie's favorite holidays of the year! Why? Because not only does it celebrate cripples, BUT it celebrates the reaaaaalllllyyyyyy special ones! It's days like this when we take pride in our ability to baffle doctors, confuse the crap outta normals, and remember that we are not alone. I know how frustrating being a cripple can be, but days like today remind me that there are cripples all across the world that know the same frustrations.

Today for example, my arm was bothering me at work, so I had to discretely ace bandage it and hide my arm for a few hours until the pain subsided. I try my best to hide stuff like that at work because most of my coworkers don't know how crippled I am (they know I have a parking permit, that's about it) and I'd like to keep it that way. Anyways, the feeling of needing to hide can be kinda disheartening at times, and it definitely can make you feel isolated. BUT I know that even though I am the only person in my office with a severe disability, I'm not the only person in the world to deal with crap like this. Us cripples have a special set of problems and our own special set of crap that we have to deal with. But dealing with all the problems and all the crap together makes getting through everything easier. Much easier.

To commemorate rare disease day, I opted to be the internet female that I am and looked this stuff up...
YAY! The internet approves us overall! 

w00t... they don't hate us! 
Well yeah, tumors suck

And while I was there I looked this up too....
HECK YEAH!


Crippie's Tippie - Always be proud of who you are, not just on your designated holiday. Also, be proud that you get a holiday ;)


1 comment:

  1. Very thought provoking friend. You are amazing - even if you don't think so!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...