Thursday, August 9, 2012

Tumor, With Love

A MIILLLLLIIIIIOOOOOON points to everyone who gets that pun

I have several things to discuss with y'all tonight!

First, I FINALLY put a page up on the menu for the piggies. I'll add to it eventually, but basic profiles of the piggies is good place to start.

Speaking of piggies, I've been trying to slowly introduce Maggie to members of the trio. Yesterday she had a play date with Frida. It went better than expected, Maggie seemed to approve of Frida, but Frida wasn't too fond of Maggie. Since the local rescues have not contacted me back in regards to the baby, I might as well attempt to introduce Maggie to the trio. When I do I'll make sure I have a MASSIVE amount of space and a crap ton of salad. For those of you in a similar situation, remember that as tempting as it may be to just go and buy a baby pig, RESIST. Always rescue your piggies.

In non-guinea pig related new I saw my pain management doctor today. It was my last visit before having Fanny removed so we went over all the pre and post surgery pain management goodness. Usually I'm pretty good when it comes to taking pain meds after surgery, I take the crazy strong stuff for a day or so, then I go back to normal stuff. After we discussed everything my doctor wanted to examine Fanny for one last time, cause let's face it, Fanny might be a massive pain in the ass but she is one impressive tumor. Fanny is so impressive that a nurse wanted to come in and check it out as well. What can I say, I'm the only person with MHE that either of them has ever seen, how can I not take an opportunity to show of my best tumors?

I'm sure there are people out there who think that naming tumors, getting a kick out of showing them off, etc. is weird. Well, of course it's weird, but I do it because I think it's fun. I have a giant tumor on my ass... HOW CAN I NOT MAKE FUN OF IT?!?!?! The way I see it I can either be ashamed of my disability and hide my giant ass tumor, OR I can embrace and own it. Most of these tumors are not going anywhere, so I might as well get a few lulz from 'em.

Crippie's Tippie - Try to find the humor in your situation, it sure beats moping around

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...