Friday, August 10, 2012

Tumor, With Hate

Ohaiiiiiiiiiiii

I hope all my readers had Fabulous Fridays. Alas my day wasn't so completely fabulous. The weather was not on my side at all today. It was either pouring rain or about to be pouring rain throughout the entire day. On the bright side, I learned that I do very well when driving during torrential downpours. All I had to do was turn up my music all pay attention to what I could see of the road and I was fine. On the downside I was in an insane amount of pain today. Fanny decided to be a raging bitch today. Not only was she hurting my hip, but the tumor itself was causing pain, AND she was sending shooting pains up my spine. To all my readers who have bad sciatica, I applaud you cause that must suck beyond all reason. My ribs were also being stupid and causing pain when I was breathing, not cool.

Of course, this was all occurring while I was at work. There were times when the pain made me very foggy and made it difficult to concentrate but I had to suck it up. I played up-tempo music, swiveled back and fourth in my chair, and noshed on M&Ms and chewing gum. While it wasn't 100% successful, I got through the day and I don't think anyone noticed that I was off. That's good I guess. Once I got home I took some meds and rested with the heat pack, and I got back to my normal pain level after a couple of hours.
My "I am NOT amused" face
Now I am resting comfortably with Helen and my heat pack, bracing for tomorrow. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be similar to today's, thus I need to prepare. For the ribs I use shapewear meant for making your tummy look flat. It's rather tight so it holds my ribs and their tumors in place. For Fanny I'm gonna try one of those thermacare back wraps. Maybe that will help... *tumors crossed*

Crippie's Tippie - For those of you with MHE, sometimes compression helps when your tumors are catching, just make sure it's not too tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...