Friday, August 24, 2012

Crippie (Tries to) Walk The Line

Hola!

I hope all my crippled comrades had a fabulous Friday. I got home from work at a decent hour so I got in more practice with my "polio crutches". Building up the strength in my arms a verrrryyyyy wise decision to make. If I wasn't doing this I would definitely be struggling post-op. It feels like it takes the rest of all eternity to get from point A to B currently, I don't even want to think about how much that would suck struggling to walk while dealing with post-op pain 0.o 

I do have some tippies for y'all who might have to practice using a new mobility aid. Play music, preferably something with a beat so you can move with the music and get a steady pace going. "We Will Rock You" makes for an excellent pace setter. Of course pump up music like "Eye of the Tiger" could also do splendidly. At the moment I'm doing laps up and down my driveway so I can get used to walking for an extended period of time. As the surgery draws nearer I'll practice more in my house so I can master navigating it. Also, don't be surprised if practice tires you out... it's basically a work out. And as always, stop if it's really painful to practice. If you have no clue what you are doing or what do expect, see a physical therapist, they'll help show you how to move and all that jazz. 

In other pre-surgery prep news I've scheduled my pre-op appointment, and I'm still not nervous about this surgery. I know the first week will suck a lot, but I'd rather deal with a week of hell than a lifetime of Fanny. 

Well, that's about it for tonight folks, I guess I really tired myself out practicing. I'll make it up to y'all with piggie and puppy pictures tomorrow... I SWEAR.

Crippie's Tippie - The Eye of the Tiger is the greatest pump up song EVER

2 comments:

  1. I know I'm an old grandma and you are a very young lady, but you just really have a good head on your shoulders. By that I mean, you think things through, make plans ahead, check out everything so there are no surprises. You are wise beyond your years in so many things. I mean that as a compliment Forgive me if that is the type of thing Crippies don't like to hear. You can give me 30 lashes with a wet noodle. he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Mary and Mario! I love reading your comments, they brighten my days :D I'd never dream of lashing you with noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...