Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth Of July!!!

USA! USA! USA!

Ohai everybody! I hope y'all had happy and SAFE fourth of July festivities. My day (and day prior since I forgot to post) went very well. Yesterday I was off from work so I did some chores and errands. The cutest thing ever happened to me yesterday... I was walking into a building when a little four year old asked me if he could open the door for me! So cute right? What makes this story even better is that is was an automatic door! CHIVALRY IS NOT DEAD PEOPLE! It's good to know that there still are people who are willing to open doors for you ;)

As for my actual fourth of July festivities... my day started out with some major cleaning while watching a "Twilight Zone" marathon. I seriously love that show, even though I will probably be having nightmares about an evil ventriloquist dummy (that episode gives me the heebie jeebies). My room did get very clean though... maybe a little too clean. Funny, I don't remember putting all of my things into their proper positions... OH NO... I'VE ENTERED THE TWILIGHT ZONE!

Around 6 o'clock my family decided that nobody felt like cooking today so we went out to eat. I had some very tasty ribs. We also played the good ol' game of "Make Crippie taste alcoholic beverages and see what faces she makes". Yeah, apart from the whole "my meds don't mix with booze" thing, I have hypersensitive taste buds and they react very strongly to alcohol... and my face reacts accordingly with said reactions. Think of a lemon face... times 10. Tis a fun game to play, and I like to see if there is are alcoholic beverages that I can actually tolerate. Usually the answer is no... but I tolerate alcohol when it is crazy diluted. Considering how I shouldn't drink anyways, this is probably for the best.

Crippie was also able to catch some fireworks tonight! Usually I see them out my window when I neighbor decides to light some. This year my sister and I opted to walk down the road with Helen to see if we could get a better vantage point. Boy howdy did we ever. Turns out we could see a bunch of people lighting fireworks at once, quite the site. My sister and I decided that we needed to be patriotic and sing. Being the classy ladies that we are we opted for the classic theme from "Team America: World Police" and to chant "USA! USA! USA!" whenever we saw a pretty display. Apart from wanting to see fireworks, we wanted to see how Helen would react to the sounds of explosions in the sky. That might sound cruel, but ya see... Helen is weird little creature. She barks and growls at doors, certain TV shows, strangers, other animals, inanimate objects, etc. We can only assume it's because she's blind and she wants to know what's going on. It turns out that Helen is not concerned about explosions in the sky, at all. She practically slept through them. Then a car drove by and she decided that the car was a mortal enemy. Dogs are silly like that.

So that's about it. I seriously hope y'all had awesome days, and I'm sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the fires and storms throughout the country. We need to have a "Go to hell, Mother Nature" day. I'd like that...

Crippie's Tippie - Offer to open an automatic door for someone, the looks on their faces will be entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. ha ha - Love it - open an automatic door for someone. Good way to get a laugh in the day. Sounds like you had a good fourth! We just hibernated because it's so hot here. The young men next door usually treat us to fireworks every 4th, and they did not disappoint this year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...