Monday, July 9, 2012

Counting Down To Cripplefest!

Howdy!

The Aggie Update - Aggie has been a very good girl and her eye is looking better and better by the day. It's starting to look black again. YAY AGGIE!!! Poor baby hates those eyedrops though. While she lets me put them in, she starts to cry after a minute or two :( Since the pain is very much temporary I found the best treatment for her sorrows is treats. She forgets about her eye when she sees a nice piece of watermelon. I'll probably have to put her on a little diet when she gets better ;)

I hope y'all had a lovely Sunday and Monday. I was a social creature over the weekend. My friend and I went to see the Katy Perry movie. It was actually pretty good, which says something because I don't particularly care for her music. My favorite part was watching a grandma and her young grandchildren's reactions to that "Peacock" song, I was LOLing on the inside. 

Apart from the social-ness Crippie has been preparing for Cripplefest!!! What is Cripplefest? Well, it's when a bunch of people with my disorder converge at my house and we all bask in our awesomeness. All of this awesomeness will be occurring in about 2.5 weeks. Oh my goodness I'm so excited. Cripplefest has to be my favorite time of the year. I get to hang out with my friends in person, meet a bunch of new people from across the world, share stories and experiences, win some scar wars, all that fun stuff. It's the one time when I feel like a normal. For once I'm not the odd person out for having tumors all over their body. I'm seriously stoked for this *high pitched squeel* IMSOEXCITED!!!!

Some of my cripple friends will be staying here for about a week, which will be so freakin' awesome. It's also kinda hilarious because we all kinda look alike in a way. We don't think it has anything to do with the disorder, it's just a coincidence that we're the same height, same hair, glasses, etc. Apparently we're all also darkly funny. For those of you who think I'm a little weird... you are correct... now picture a room fuuuuuulllllllllllllllllll of Crippies. Can't you just sense the awesome! 

So yeah, I apologize in advance if posts get a little sporadic towards the end of July, I'll be busy entertaining my peeps! 

Crippie's Tippie - Cripplefests and gatherings are a great way to prove that you are not alone

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! A Crippie Fest! I love it and how very therapeutic for you and your friends. I'm sure you will have lots of things to share when you do post again. Sometime you'll have to share how you met this wonderful group of friends. You have a condition that I had never heard of before, so I'm sure it's not easy to find others in the same condition. That is the best therapy you can possibly do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...