Sunday, June 10, 2012

Crippie Discusses The Tony Awards

Hi Y'all!

Did all my crippled comrades have a fabulous weekend? I hope so. Crippie's weekend went rather well. I worked on Saturday, and today was the Tony Awards! Since the Tony Awards were at 8 I needed something to do for the rest of the day. The weather was nice for parts of today so I decided to take Aggie and Maggie outside for some much needed sun and exercise. Aggie is my fattest pig at 1,300 grams (that's heavy for a pig) so Crippie has to help her lose some grams. My goal weight for her is 1,100 - 1,200 grams. I've got to think of ways to increase her activity levels. I thought today's adventure would be a good opportunity for her to burn some calories, but she spent the entire time eating. *sigh* Anywhooo... PHOTO DUMP!
She had all the space in the world but...




WHERE AM I?!?!?!? 
Oh, this is edible... cool.
Yin & Yang 
Moving on the the highlight of my night... THE TONY AWARDS! Crippie absolutely loved the show, it was very well produced and entertaining! There were no issues with the sound and no one was pelted in the head with scenery... again. NPH was his always brilliant self and I love how they "photobombed" the shots of the crowd as they were about to go to commercial. Crippie's favorite part of the show was the performance from "Once". "Gold" was my favorite song from the movie and I was beyond happy seeing them perform it. I was literally grinning from ear to ear. If you didn't get a chance to see it for yourselves... take a look... IT'S AMAZING!
Now, as some of you might remember, a few weeks ago Crippie made her guesses for the winners. While I wasn't spot on... I did pretty well. 
BEST MUSICAL
Crippie guessed "Once"
Crippie was RIGHT!

BEST BOOK OF A MUSICAL
Crippied guessed "Once"
Crippie was RIGHT!

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Crippie guessed "Newsies"
Crippie was RIGHT

BEST REVIVAL OF A MUSICAL
Crippie guessed "Porgy & Bess"
Crippie was RIGHT

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
Crippie guessed Norm Lewis for "Porgy & Bess"
INCORRECT Steve Kazee won for "Once"

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
Crippie guessed Audra McDonald for "Porgy & Bess"
Crippie was RIGHT!

BEST ACTOR IN A FEATURED ROLE
Crippie guessed Michael Cerveris for "Evita"
INCORRECT Michael McGrath won for "Nice Work If You Can Get It"

BEST ACTRESS IN A FEATURED ROLE
Crippie guessed Elizabeth A. Davis for "Once"
INCORRECT Judy Kaye won for "Nice Work If You Can Get It"

Not my greatest guess ever... but not bad. Crippie is thrilled that "Once" practically swept the awards. The other shows were good, don't get me wrong... but "Once" is unique and brilliant. The one thing that pissed me off about tonight was that "Peter and the Star Catcher" practically swept the awards for the play category... YET THEY DIDN'T WIN BEST PLAY! WTF!!! Did any of you guys watch the Tony Awards? What did y'all think?

Crippie's Tippie - If you haven't seen the movie "Once" yet, please do so. It's so adorably wonderful

2 comments:

  1. I watched it, but didn't seriously concentrate on it as I was on Twitter at the same time. I did think the performances and staging was very good - flowed well too. I'm afraid I don't know my musicals quite as good as you - especially the newer ones this year. I'm still concentration on those from 4 years ago. ha ha But,I love Musicals and wish I could go all the time. Unfortunately, our area doesn't get them until they start touring and at that we're maybe a year out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can look at the photos of Maggie & Aggie all day. They are simply adorable! Thank you for sharing their outing! :) I watched some of NPH during the show and as usual he was quite hilarious! He should host every year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...