Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Greetings!

The Mama Pig update - Mama Pig celebrated with some dried bananas, one of her favorite treats! She continues to have problems pooping. Crippie probably needs to increase the amount of food Mama pig consumes in a day. *Gasp* I know, I'm a terribly mommy, giving my pigs two salads a day instead of one. However will they manage!

Moving on, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all my readers who are moms! Crippie's hopes each and every last one of y'all had a fantastic mothers day! Crippie had a wonderful day celebrating with her Mom and Grandma. Crippie's Mom, Dad, Sister, Grandma and I went to a local diner for noms and we obtained KFC for dinner so no one would have to cook at all today!!! Yay us!

Since Mother's Day is all about showing your appreciation for your mom Crippie figured she'd give a shout out to her totally awesome Mom! Crippie's loves her mother very, very much. She's smart, funny, and all around awesome. She's always been supportive of my endeavors and she's always encouraged me to be the best I can be. Whenever Crippie was sick or recovering from a surgery my mom was always there taking care of me. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that must have been for her to go through. Most parents can't stand the thought of their kid crying for an immunization... I can't imagine how much it must've hurt her to see me crying because I had massive nerve damage. Being a parent to a special needs child takes massive amounts of courage and strength in order to get from day to day, and my mom certainly displayed that. She fought the school system to get the accommodations I needed, she would speak to my classes to let people know what was wrong with me. Crippie's mom helps run a friggin support group for people with MHE... that's pretty much "Awesome Cripple Mom Level 9000". Not to mention that I'm not the only cripple in the family. My sister has some mental illnesses and my mom is constantly advocating for her needs. Seriously people, it's harder to advocate for mental illness than physical illnesses.... it takes soooooooooooooo much patience to deal with the bull crap. My mom deals with all this alllll while dealing with fibromyalgia.

In short, my mom has to deal with a lot of crap, but she handles herself with dignity and grace. Crippie definitely tries to model herself after her :D

Love you Mommie! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!! <3

Crippie's Tippie - Don't just appreciate your mother on mother's day... appreciate her on ALL THE DAYS!

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it better. And your mom's (& dad's) caring paid off. You and your sister have turned out to be incredible, talented young women...who take joy in dissing their grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my beautiful girl. However, I'm the one who tries to follow YOUR example of bravery, courage and moving forward despite the challenges. I have no words for how much I love you and admire you. Words are much too inadequate. I am so lucky to have two incredible daughters, and we'll continue to deal with things as they come up.... Thank you for such a wonderful mother's day (and for the great gift! :) Can't wait to start reading!). I love you, love you, love you!!
    Your very proud mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I see why I think so highly of Crippie - she comes from a fantastic family. What an inspiration you all are. Crippie that was a beautiful tribute for your deserving mom. You are so right, it's not easy being a mother to a special needs child - but I know she'd trade places with you in a minute if she thought she could spare you from going thru this. I know I would with my daughter. You are the type of people I'd love to meet in person - so if you ever get anywhere near Wisconsin, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now we all know where you get your strength and joyful soul from! What an awesome tribute to a great Lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...