Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why I Do What I Do

Salutations!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week thus far. Crippie has been very busy with work. I also somehow managed to wrench my shoulder today. One of the many fun parts of MHE is that you don't need to really do anything to injure yourself, apparently the slightest movement can potentially cause a whole lot of discomfort. Oh well, NPH has been helping it feel better.

Moving on, Crippie is going to use another prompt today! Today's topic is... I write about my health because... Reflect on why you write about your health for 15-20 minutes without stopping.


Well let's see... back when Crippie was forced to create this blog for a social media class my professor told us to blog about something that we "could be experts in". As soon as I heard that I knew I wanted to blog about health and disability. Why? Because I have over 20 years of experience living with it. I've spent my entire life adapting and coping with a disability. Thus, I am an expert on cripples. Also, Crippie also has a very broad general knowledge of all things medical (absorbed a lotta information watching House and the Discovery Health Channel). Apart from the fact that I know what I'm talking about (I'm so modest) I also wanted to blog about being a cripple to help other cripples. That's probably the main reason I do this, because I feel like if this blog helps someone else cope with a disability then my pain is worth it. 


That's it, nothing terribly philosophical or anything. I blog about being a cripple because a) I can and b) I want to help others in similar situations. I don't think y'all would want hear Crippie blabber on for 15-20 minutes about that.

Crippie's Tippie - Wanna sharpen your knowledge about oodles of random disease for some off reason? Watch "Mystery Diagnoses". Sooner or later you'll guess what the patient has before they do. Crippie has literally yelled "YOUR KID HAS MARFAN SYNDROME" at the TV on more than one occasion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...