Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Crippie To The Rescue!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohai!

Alright, day two of the post-a-thon. Today I'm actually gonna use a "Health Activists Writer's Month Challenge" prompt. Today's prompt is...  Superpower Day. If you had a superpower – what would it be? How would you use it?


Crippie thought this prompt was nifty so she thought long and hard about it. I came up with three super powers that would be freakin' awesome to have. Naturally Crippie realllllyyyy over thought the whole thing and weighed the pros and cons of each of my favorite powers.
1- THE ABILITY TO FLY
Pros
- YOU CAN FREAKIN' FLY!!!!
- It's economical, and environmentally friendly
- I could be independent
- I could go anywhere I wanted without anxiety
Cons
- Weather would still be a bitch, no flying during storms
- Crippie is not exactly graceful, so I stand a good chance of whacking into a tree or plane
- If it involved actual arm flapping I'd be screwed

2- INVISIBILITY
Pros
- You can be like Harry Potter
- You can troll people
- You can go to places like Disneyland for free
- Airport security would be so much easier 
Cons
- Knowing me, I'd use this power for evil instead of good
- People would bump in to you
- Unless your clothes possess special powers as well, you'd need to be nekkid for this to work

3- THE POWER TO HEAL/CURE DISEASES
Pros
- Massive improvement on the quality of life of everyone
- No more cripples
- Kinda solves the healthcare situation
Cons
- No more cripples
- If I was the sole person with this ability, literally everyone in the world would need my assistance, and I simply wouldn't be able to do that (or would I... DA DA DUM) so I'd have to live with the guilt that I'm playing god and that some person somewhere just died because I couldn't help them.
- I'd probably get a massive god complex and turn into a total asshole

HONORABLE MENTIONS
X-Ray Vision - I just think it would be funny, "why does my leg hurt *looks* oh... ok"
Mind Control - Also would be fun to warp the minds of people I don't care for
Speaks to animals - So me and Frida could have deep conversations about life 

I just realized that being a witch would pretty much encompass these powers into one nifty package. Hogwarts is still sending out their letters, right?

Crippie's Tippie - if you want to partake in HAWMC, go HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...