Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back On Track

Greetings!

"Crippie's Corner" is officially a year old! I can't believe how much this blog has blossomed in it's first year. For teh lolz, here's my FIRST POST EVER. I can't believe how much progress and change can occur in a single year, I eagerly await what the next few years have in store for Crippie!
This whole "first birthday/anniversary/thing" has definitely given Crippie a much needed kick in the butt. As some of you might remember, in January I posted a list of resolutions that I want/need to complete. At first I was doing rather well at working on them. I starting learning blog design, I made some designs that will turn into prints and t-shirts (I will share them with y'all once they're ready... I swear), and I was kinda cleaning my room a little. Then all of the sudden Emma got sick. She became my main priority and distracted me from everything else. When she died all my motivation for completing my resolutions went with her. Instead of thinking about design and making progress with my life I thought about Emma's last few hours. I was constantly questioning whether or not I did the right things, if I could've done something different. I still wonder sometimes if there was anything I could have done to help her. Crippie knows that most of this lethargy and doubt are part of the grieving process and I am slowly but surely recovering from her loss, but it's been a rough couple of weeks.
That being said, my blog birthday-thingie has reminded me of everything good that happened within the past year. All of these good things happened because I worked really hard to make them happen. I can't just sit around and play The Sims whenever I have free time (silver lining of this, I have made a lot of progress in my game) I have to spend my time working on my designs, figuring out all blog design, and cleaning my damn room. Stagnation gets you nowhere. While this little break was necessary in order to process all the crap that was happening, it's time to move on.

To lighten to mood of this post, here's Helen pretending to be a muppet

Crippie's Tippie - It's alright to kinda veg out for a while... but recognize when you have to get up and move forward

3 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary! Our Mommy always says that you haf to get down and wallow in it before you can get up and move on. Natural grieving process and there's no right or wrong way.**whisker kisses**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering where you were friend. So nice to see you back. Happy Blogaversary - that's a big milestone! There is no right or wrong way to grieve, you just have to go through it. Those dear little furbabies leave a big empty hole in our hearts when they cross that rainbow bridge. I'm happy to see you are coming back to life again and will look forward to some of your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truer words never spoken, Crippie darling!!! We all have to move on at some point,never forgetting our precious Emma Rose, but still making our time count for something. You've inspired me, too! You tended Emma with such love and care; it was evident how sick she was, and you saw her through her last hours, making her as comfortable as possible. The love and care you give all our furbabies (the puppies as well as the pigs) show what a big heart you have!

    Happy blogaversary. I couldn't be prouder of you. Love you SO MUCH!

    Mommieeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...