Thursday, August 4, 2011

Words of Wisdom from Russell Brand... Wait... What?

Salutations

Sorry for lack of blogging *Begs for mercy*, Crippie's household has been very hectic for the last couple of days. Nothing serious... we're just busy here.

Anywhooo, I was browsing SNL clips on hulu.com and I came across a most interesting little clip that I almost found inspiring... shockingly it came from Russell Brand's monologue.



For those who didn't watch the monologue (I don't blame you if you didn't... it's kinda long). The part I found most interesting was when he was discussing his marriage. He began talking about an issue that could be considered very annoying by most people's standards... but then he thinks about how lovely it is to be able to have that kind of problem compared to the serious police related issues he used to have.

I actually have a newfound respect for this fella (even though this was filmed in February and I've seen this episode before, I just never listened to the monologue). Sometimes I do wonder if people really know how fortunate they are, even when they are having difficulties. I occasionally volunteer at a certain location which I will not disclose, whilst there I often encounter a woman who complains about everything under the sun that's going on with her and her families lives. There are times when I want to tell her to shut her trap (now that I've seen Russell Brand talk I'm writing in British, I think it colours up the blog, piss off if you don't like it). I mean, sure some of her "problems" are certainly annoying little inconveniences, but she is lucky to be able to have those problems.

Crippie's Tippie- Take a moment and think about all the good things in your life, take another moment to reflect on the bad things... chances are you can turn most of those bad things into a good thing.

P.S. I don't think the media should treat Russell Brand like some crazy person, he does have a certain wisdom to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...