Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Look on the Bright Side

Salutations,

So, some good things and bad things happened to me this week. Let's get the bad out of the way first. Over the past week I started noticing that my left leg is getting weaker. It kept buckling when I wasn't walking with my cane. I also noticed that my left ankle doesn't move at the same speed as my right ankle. This is not good. I haven't done anything in particular to make my leg weaker. Sadly, this is just natural progression of my MHE. The tumors in my leg and ankle, plus years of using them have weakened my leg. I can't help but think of what this means for my future. Will I have to wear a brace on my leg? Will I have to walk around with a cane everywhere, even really short distances? How long before it gets worse? I wish I could answer these questions but alas, I can't. In the meantime I will just have to do some physical therapy exercises in an attempt to regain/keep what mobility and strength I have in my leg. This also goes back to my Crippie's Tippie a few days ago, APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE WHILE YOU HAVE IT. It's discouraging that I will be losing function in my leg, but at least I still have function and I can still walk.

Now for the good news: I was able to color my hair on my own for the first time ever. Thanks to issues with my shoulders and neck I cannot properly reach the top of my head to color it. Recently, Clairol made a new type of hair color in foam form. This foam is much easier to apply that other methods, thus I am able to do it. This might seem like a really small insignificant event, but to me this is huge. I gained a small bit of independence. I was able to do something I thought I would never be able to do! And the best part? I didn't screw up my hair color that much! Sure, some parts are kinda uneven but it looks like high and low lights.

So let's recap shall we? I found out that my leg is getting worse and I was able to color my hair own my own for the first time. So do you think I had a good week or a bad week? MY WEEK WAS FREAKING AWESOME!!! Sure, my leg is getting worse, BUT I WAS ABLE TO DYE MY HAIR!

Crippie's Tippie of the Day- Always look on the bright side of life. Try to focus on the good things that happen in your life, it makes you feel better about the crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...