Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If You Can't Fly...

Salutations,

Yesterday I had a rather eventful day. I attended "SPD's March Madness Portfolio Review and Seminar" in NYC. I had an awesome time, and no one said my portfolio sucked. If you want to see my portfolio btw you can click HERE. While I did have an awesome time, due to my disability special considerations had to be made.

How "Normal" person would have attended this event...
1) Obtain a ride to the train station
2) Take the subway
3) Walk to the event
4) Enjoy said event
5) Repeat 3,2, and 1

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work for me. Apart from the fact that I have chronic fatigue and wouldn't have been able to walk from the train station to the event. I also cannot go on the subway, the vibrations from the cars travel up my legs and it hurts. So I had to go about this in a slightly different manner.

1) Obtain a ride to the event itself
2) Have a bunch of coffee because I wouldn't be able to stay focused otherwise
3) Enjoy said event
4) Obtain a ride back and fall asleep in the car

So, it's not what my peers would have done, but I least I went. Just goes to show you, as long as the destination is the same, who gives a crap it the journey is different.

Crippie's Tippie of the Day- If you want to do something, find a way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...