Saturday, March 19, 2011

Designer Wheelchair? Count Me In!!!

Whuzzup (I figured I'd spice up my greeting)

So while I was at the SPD portfolio event Monday I obtained some free magazines. One of said magazines was "Metropolis" magazine. While skimming through it I found a most interesting article about a Norwegian company Krabat. Krabat makes designer wheelchairs, not just any designer wheelchairs though... they make them specifically for children! I had to use a wheelchair as I child and I cannot even begin to describe how excited I was to see this. This wheelchairs not only look freakin' awesome, but they promote activity and health (they improve your posture, which can suffer with a normal wheelchair). Check out the article here.
Take a look at this thing and try to tell me it's not awesome!













It is so important for kids with disabilities to feel good about themselves. I'll go into detail later about what I'm doing with this cause, but for now... THIS WHEELCHAIR ROCKS MY WORLD!!!

Crippie's Tippie of the Day- Necessary doesn't have to mean ugly 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...