Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dealing With Pain

Greetings Readers!

I'm having a bit of a flare up today, so I figured I'd give a big post of "Crippie's Tippies" on dealing with pain. Before I begin I should state that what works for me will not work for everyone, and that if you are in a considerable amount of pain, please consult a physician.

Crippie's Tippies For Dealing With Pain
-Find a pain medicine that works for you. If basic pain meds like Motrin don't work for you, see a pain management doctor. Pain management really helps me go through my day.
-Heat or ice. Either or directs more blood circulation to the area that is causing problems and relaxes the area. I prefer heat, but ice works wonders too.
-DISTRACTIONS!!! If the pain won't be going away any time soon (which is mainly my case), nothing works quite like a computer game where I can set things on fire.
-Mental Healing. I've tried things like breathing exercises and Reiki. They didn't necessarily work for me, but they have done wonders for some of my friends.

Again, everyone's situation is different. I live with chronic pain. Today a tumor behind my knee cap got tangled with some muscle or tendon. This is a general flare up for me, hopefully it will only last for a few days.

On a side note, I'll be posting some very good news soon. So keep checking in over the next few weeks! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...